View the Virtual "Meet the Candidates" Webcast
New! This pre-recorded webcast is a moderated, unabridged session featuring a welcome from Bob Moeller, candidates’ responses to residents’ questions submitted in advance, and candidates’ closing remarks.
Three Viewing Options:
(To view videos in the closed captioning mode, click CC at the bottom right on the video frame.)
Candidates' Q&A by Topic/Question
Are special assessments the new normal?
What strategies will you pursue to investigate ways to reduce operational costs in Ford’s Colony?
What are the drivers of value you would highlight regarding our real estate at Fords Colony?
What would you propose to better market our FCHOA?
How important do you think it is for Ford’s Colony to be a true multi-generational community?
How will you ensure our standards are enforced and future violations and associated variances are stopped?
Do you agree that failure to obey stop signs is a significant safety issue and what actions should be taken?
What changes to the FCHOA budgeting process would you recommend to make the process easier for the residents to understand?
What will you focus on during your term? How will you measure your progress?
Will you describe your vision of Ford’s Colony in the next 3-5 years?
You can submit follow-up questions for the candidates by email to email@example.com
by January 20. Candidates’ responses will be consolidated and posted here.
2021 BOD Election at a Glance
Learn About the Candidates
Vote for the Candidates
- Voting Period: January 4 - February 5, 2021.
- During the first week of January, residents should have received an email with a link to vote (one ballot per household/lot owner).
- Voting instructions were also mailed with the January FCHOA assessment billing.
- Vote for up to four candidates for the four open seats.
- Note: Only electronic ballots will be used this year, so remember to contact Community Services (757-258-4230) if you have questions or need help.
This Official Announcement
provides an overview of the election process. Look for further details here and in future Official Announcements, as well as What’s Happening in Ford’s Colony
and Talk of the Colony.