Sept 4th - 6:30 pm at S&T Club - *Ballroom: Fox Trot Lesson (1 hour)
Sept 11th - 6:30 pm at S&T Club - Line dance lessons (1 1/2 hours)
Sept 18th - 7:00 pm at the S&T Club - Ballroom practice night - no formal lessons
Sept 25th - 7:00 pm at the Exercise Studio by CSB - Line dance Practice night - no formal lessons
* Ballroom dancing will no longer be offered as part of Dance Club after December 2018. If you are interested in learning only Ballroom you can still attend our Fox Trot lessons as a guest for $5.00 per person ($10 per couple) per lesson. But please contact Dance Club before coming.
FORD’S COLONY DANCE CLUB INFORMATION:
- No prior dancing experience is needed to join.
- You do not need a partner for either Ballroom or Line dancing. Singles are welcome.
- Dance Club meets 4 times a month.
1st Tuesday at S&T Club - Ballroom Dance Instruction taught by a professional dance instructor.
2nd Tuesday at S&T Club - Line Dance Instruction taught by an experienced line dance instructor.
3rd Tuesday at S&T Club - Ballroom "practice night" focus is on our current dance lesson as well as practicing all other ballroom dances. Catherine Carey & Peggy Meyers will help coordinate.
4th Tuesday at Community Service Bldg. (CSB) in the exercise studio- Line dance "practice night”, 15-20 minutes reviewing harder dances or basic line dance steps with remaining time practicing current and previous dance lessons. Becky will lead the practice.
- It is recommended that you bring a bottle of water to keep hydrated.
- 3 social dance parties are held each year.
Dance Club membership is $25 a year: includes 10 line dance lessons, 10 line dance practice nights and 3 social dance parties. We also update you on dancing opportunities in the Williamsburg area. After December we will meet more often for line dancing. No partner or experience is necessary
SOCIAL DANCE PARTIES:
We hold 3 social “Dance Parties” a year. We appreciate any help planning or decorating. The party is open for all members and any guests they want to invite. Instead of dance lessons, we socialize and have fun dancing. Tables and chairs are set up and everyone brings an appetizer to share and BYOB. See Talk of the Colony for dates and times, and keep on dancing!