Welcome to the Ford’s Colony Genealogy Club page. Whether you are a beginner, an intermediate family history buff or a “Master Genealogist,” we offer a wide variety of programs and activities for you. Below is the Club’s schedule, and the list of programs and activities for the current year. Ford’s Colony residents can access our current membership list by clicking on the members’ directory link below. To access the club’s membership list, you must have an ID and password. You may obtain an ID and password by opening the FCHOA home page and clicking on “Register.” To review the various activities, which are ID/password-protected, simply click on the link that interests you below. We look forward to seeing you at an upcoming Genealogy Club meeting.
Joe Sell, President
Peter Eastman, Treasurer
Carl Bass Tommy Michaels Charlie Ohlinger Craig Smith
7 PM Third Thursday
||Records Research – Land Records by Joe Sell
||Sons of American Revolution (SAR) – Who they are – What they do – How to become a member by Harley Stewart – Williamsburg Chapter President
||How to Find Space, Create, Organize, Preserve and Display Family Heirlooms, Treasures and Memories by Elizabeth Goesel, author of Create a Museum and Save Your Family History
||Kinship of Parent and Child – making the right connection by K J Proctor-Corbett, D.A.R. Registrar
Ancestry.com Users Group
This group meets at Swim and Tennis at 10am on the same Thursday of the Genealogy Club meeting.
- September 21, 2017 - "Genealogical Proof Standards"
- November 17, 2016 - "Introduction to German Genealogy"
- January 21, 2016 - "Tips You Can Use"
- June 18, 2015 - "Uses of Genealogy Software"
- May 21, 2015 - "Preservation Resources"
- May 21, 2015 - "Preserving Your Family Papers, Scrapbooks, Photographs, Books, and Digital Files"
- April 16, 2015 - "Maps for Genealogy Research at The Library of Virginia"
- September 20, 2012 - "Google Search Tips for Genealogists"
- January 19, 2012 - "Repositories of Family History Information" by Cliff Nielsen
- September 15, 2011 - "Finding the Dead" by Joe Sell